Friday, May 04, 2007
Thursday, May 03, 2007
So....after picking up a bunch of plants today for my shop, we find the most frantic little duckling stranded on a busy highway in town! Poor fellow! He was gonna get run over. And there was no momma duck (or water!) anywhere in sight. I have NO idea where he came from. So we caught him (those little fellows run fast!), and brought him back to the farm. Hey, we've been wanting to get some chickens or other fowl anyway...this just spurs us to action. We got him a little duckie friend so he isn't lonely....they can swim in my mom's 4-foot pond. :) (The one we caught is the yellow one, and the one we bought is the brown one. Does anyone have any idea what kind these are???)
Monday, April 30, 2007
2. List your three favorite double-point needle brands, including size and length. Size- two, i also use ones or threes...I have tried metal or bamboo, and both are fine. I prefer bamboo, but....my cats like to eat them!
3. Would you like to try a new brand needle? If so, which brand? Size? Length? I would really love to try some of the swanky cool wooden ones...lenght, hmm...the shorter ones, wht are those, 5 inches??
4. If you are a RAVENCLAW, do you prefer the colors in the film or the book? Do you have a strong preference?
Not a ravenclaw...
5. If your pal decides to send candies or chocolates are there any that you don't like?
Nope! I love dark chocolate especially, but it's all good!
6. What are your favorite scents? I'm REALLY picky about scents (I run a natural bodycare business), and I really don't like synthetic scents. as far as true, natural scents (essential oils) i love patchouli, sandalwood, citruses, lavender....
7. Do you have any allergies? just to ironing and housework. :)
Sunday, April 29, 2007
You are The Empress
Beauty, happiness, pleasure, success, luxury, dissipation.
The Empress is associated with Venus, the feminine planet, so it represents,
beauty, charm, pleasure, luxury, and delight. You may be good at home
decorating, art or anything to do with making things beautiful.
The Empress is a creator, be it creation of life, of romance, of art or business. While the Magician is the primal spark, the idea made real, and the High Priestess is the one who gives the idea a form, the Empress is the womb where it gestates and grows till it is ready to be born. This is why her symbol is Venus, goddess of beautiful things as well as love. Even so, the Empress is more Demeter, goddess of abundance, then sensual Venus. She is the giver of Earthly gifts, yet at the same time, she can, in anger withhold, as Demeter did when her daughter, Persephone, was kidnapped. In fury and grief, she kept the Earth barren till her child was returned to her.
What Tarot Card are You?
Take the Test to Find Out.
i HAVE been doing stuff lately, I swear, just not blogging about it. My business is pretty busy, and, I just got a part-time job at this coffeeshop. Plus, spring is here, and, there's lots of gardening and home improvement stuff to be done. BUT, people gotta have fun too! Last Monday I hung out at the new Market at Jordan Creek, and, it was amazing!! I'd move in if they'd let me, and shop there alot if I lived closer, and had far more disposable income. But as it it was, I spent a happy evening just wandering around looking at all the fabulous food and drinks and booze and CHEESE and bread and, well, you get the picture. :)
Kittingwise, I've been in the mood for smallish projects that I can get done in a few days. Makes me feel like I'm accomplishing something. Plus, that way I can use handspun, and i LOVE to knit with handspun! The hat on the left is made with some handspun, naturally-colored wool from my friend Abi, she gave it to me a few years ago when I was learning to knit, and I'm just not brave enough to use it for something (handspun is very special so I wanted my knitting to be worth it!). I made 2 of those hats from the wool she gave me, one as a gift and one to keep!
The green hat is LOVELY, I'm most proud of it! We dyed the wool in batt form at a class at my shop last year. This winter I spun it, and, i LOVE spinning from hand-dyed batts, you can really control where you can the color (how much of each color you want together.), then I Navajo-plied it, and that's how you get those really bitchin' (if I do say so myself) stripes. I'm totally addicted to navajo-plying now, even though it takes longer. The results are so cool and unique.