Thursday, January 29, 2009

So, I finally got my spinning mojo back. I do LOVE to spin -but just haven't really felt like it for several months. I'd been on a bit knitting kick. Then, Monday afternoon - blam. The urge to spin struck. OH! it feels soooooo good to be spinning again.

Of course, the cats LOOOOOVE when I spin. Fiber is fun!! Oj (above) just likes to lay on it. MMM....fiber is soft.

Tori is a bit younger, and cannot resist attacking/killing/disemboweling/chewing on/and generally mauling bumps of roving. Here she is trying to act all innnocent ("Who me? Touch your roving? Nope. it was, um...the other kitties?? No, the dog! The dog did it.")...but yet somehow, I know that she is not entirely guilt-free :).

And, biggest surprise of all, my 7 year old nephew Toby has quite an aptitude for spinning! He is expecially good at pedaling - he and I did lots of "co-spinning", where he works the pedals and I work the fiber. But he did have a go of spinning on his own, and did a mighty fine job. (No, he does not have some sort of strange disease -he painted his face to look like a tiger. Raarrr!!!)

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger BlueGate said...

Go Toby!!
And is that your Merino that OJ is loving on?

5:55 PM  
Blogger girlwithasword said...

that's some Shetland, actually - I am going to work on the merino soon though! have you tried it? it's soft but....is there loads of VM?

9:16 AM  
Blogger dreameyce said...

My daughter loves to spin! Isn't it amazing when kids pick up spinning better than most adults? *G*

5:22 AM  
Blogger Lisa Brawner said...

the kitties are such a help arent they :p Mine just have to hold the yarn in thier paws so i have the right tension to crochet .. that is great he is spinning !! I love to see children learn stuff like that

5:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home