Thursday, October 02, 2008

Oh. YUM.

I got my latest enewsletter from Templeton Rye the other day, and they included this amazing recipe (I'm including it as they printed it in their newsletter, so as to give everyone full credit.)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Templeton Rye recipe: "The Temptress"

Juli Hale from Des Moines, Iowa, sent a great TR
cocktail recipe to us, and wrote the following:

"This is the first cocktail I have ever created. As a recovering Mormon, I'm awfully proud of myself."


The Temptress
Ginger Simple Syrup
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
1 cup chopped fresh ginger
In a small saucepan combine water, sugar, and ginger. Bring
to boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Let cool to room temperature. Strain and discard ginger.

The cocktail
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice

Add the juice of half a lime
3/4 oz. ginger simple syrup
2 oz. Templeton Rye
Cover and shake well; strain into a cocktail glass

++++++++++++++++++++

Well, as it so happens, I have some Templeton Rye at home, and a fresh lime, AND some amazing "gingerbread syrup" my friend Jill made from scratch and gave to me. (I'd been hoarding the last little bit, because the though of being out of this divine concoction was just too much to bear).

I just whipped up one of these, and WOW. this is going to be a winter drink staple for sure! The ginger and the whiskey are both warming....and the fresh lime juice keeps it from being too heavy or cloying.

DELICIOUS!

And in other booze news. Last time I went to the local booze emporium, I saw this cool organic midwest-produced spirit - Prairie Organic Vodka. And it even has a cool bottle! Next time I need to buy vodka, I'm getting this for sure!Want to check out some other organic liqueurs? Here is a great article about making "ecococktails" at home.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Donna - thanks so much for subscribing to our newsletter and blogging about Juli's recipe. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed it! If you have any of your own TR recipes to share, don't hesitate to tell us about it - we might even feature it in our next newsletter or on the TR blog (templetonrye.com/blog).

Thanks again,
The Templeton Rye team

1:31 PM  
Blogger girlwithasword said...

I have been meaning to do some experimentation and come up with my own TR recipes...if I get any good ones, you will be the first to know!!!

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home