Friday, September 19, 2008


It must be my lucky day. First, I find a printer-paper-box FULL of fabric, for $4.0o. Yes, four bucks. I could not be more delighted. Most of it is cotton, and some really cool vintage prints. Overall it is perfect for me. I'm re-learning how to sew, and doing a bit of quilting, and while I do like quilting, it seems a *bit* ridiculous to me to spend lots of money for brand new big bits of fabric when you then spend ages whacking up into little bits and sewing them back together. What I love about quilting is the idea of using leftovers and scraps, to make something gorgeous and functional. So this box of random fabrics is PERFECT.

AND? Then, I win 2 skeins of amazing yarn from the nation's first Fiber CSA, of which I am a proud member.

lucky lucky me!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Bonne said...

Yay!!!! Stitching together squares on my treadle to make a quilt was how I learned to get the hang of treadling. Doing something over and over firmly ingrains it and it becomes second nature. Can't wait for you to start sewing low-tech!! hugs, B

6:21 PM  
Blogger Lisa Brawner said...

that is awesome find !!

5:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home