Sunday, November 12, 2006

I've always wanted to know how to make beer and wine and mead, but I've never just had the guts to jump in and do it. My friend Sandy told me about this place in Des Moines, Vines to Wine, where you go make your own wine. I've done 2 classes through them, and it's really cool! The first class, we used kits with pre-made mixes and made our wine. We'll be bottling that Dec. 9th. The second class, we actually got to "squish" our own grapes, then let them ferment. Just the other day we went back and pressed them, and we'll get to go back in the spring, and bottle our wine. THEN we have to wait 1-3 years to drink the wine. EEP! This is definately all about patience.

2 Comments:

Blogger Genevieve said...

that is super cool! and definitely better than trying it on your own. My friend tried to make wine in his bathtub when he was still living at home and his mom made him drain it because it smelled terrible. I think he had no idea what he was doing!

2:56 PM  
Blogger girlwithasword said...

That sounds a little scary!! And like something I'd do (says the girl who has a pot of tree leaves fermenting for dye experimentation purposes!!!)

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home